Your Smartphone & Tablet Home Screen IS NOT JUST FOR APPS! You are probably familiar with the ADD A BOOKMARK OR ADD TO FAVORITES feature on all web browsers. It creates a link on your web browser of:
The ADD TO HOME SCREEN Mobile Feature has similar features:
- The web page URL.
- The Title of the web page.
- This allows you to visit this web page at a future time.
👍 With JUST ONE TOUCH To The Custom Icon on your mobile device Home Screen, you can now access a web page:
- Creates a link of the web page URL.
- Adds a 14 Character Web Page Name.
- Adds a Custom Icon of your Business Logo.
- Stores the Web Page Link on your Smartphone Home Screen.
- This allows the web page to function like a Mobile APP!
⚠ Although the Add To Home Screen mobile feature is available on ALL MOBILE DEVICES, IT IS DEPENDENT on the Web Browser provided by the Operating System!
- Without opening your mobile device Web Browser.
- Searching in different folders to find the bookedmarked web page.
- Searching Contacts to find a web page.
- Apple - Safari is the only browser that can exploit the Add to Home Screen feature.
- Android - Chrome is the only browser that can exploit the Add to Home Screen feature.
- Windows - Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer are the only browsers that can exploit the Add to Home Screen feature.
- 3rd Party Browsers - Firefox, Opera Mini, TOR etc CAN NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE of the Add to Home Screen feature.
Some Web Pages Do Not Exploit The Add To Home Screen Mobile Feature⚠ Some web pages DO NOT INCLUDE A CUSTOM ICON AND A WEB PAGE NAME to be used in the Home Screen on every web page. This Icon appears like any Icon that any APP uses.
✅ Take a look at my business logo (6 faces depicting multiple skills) and the Icon on the Home Screen pictured below. 👍 It Is The Same Logo!
Add To Home Screen Mobile Accessibility Feature Test To see if your mobile web site is configured properly, try adding any page of your web site to your Smartphone or Tablet Home Screen.
If you DO NOT KNOW how to do this, click here so that you learn how to add a mobile web site page to your Smartphone or Tablet Home Screen.
❓ If your test DID NOT SHOW a Custom Icon of your business logo
❓ If your test DID NOT SHOW A 14 CHARACTER WEB PAGE NAME that makes your mobile web site look like a Mobile APP?
- The problem is that your web pages do not have links that use the Apple Touch Icons!
❓ Do you have a Business Logo on your Business Cards?
- It is using the TITLE of your web page!
- You need to ADD the name="apple-mobile-web-app-title" content="14 Character Web Page Name" meta tag to the web page!
👍 Configuring an ICON and 14 CHARACTER WEB PAGE NAME to every web page is a very simple change that BUILDS YOUR BRAND!
- Why do you NOT HAVE the same logo as an Icon on your web pages?
Should you consider a Digital Business Card?